Business Process Analyst
Entegrity is looking for an experienced Business Process Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience performing the essential duties listed below.
The Business Process Analyst gathers and analyses information from a variety of sources (SMEs, documentation, and technical) to establish guidance and direction on building business process models within a process modeling methodology framework. The business process analyst understands and determines the exact steps required to meet the architecture need and is capable of translating that direction to a business process developer. In addition, the Business Process Analyst may be expected to facilitate workshops, fact-finding interviews, project management activities, and other necessary activities to gather and synthesize information related to the architecture requirement. Also, the process analyst will be expected to produce written documentation and procedures to support their models and present on those results to upper management. In this role, they are expected to have competency as a technical writer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, gather information, and present that information to the team and upper management
- Ability to translate architecture requirements and the steps required to meet those requirements to process developers
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, as well as problem solving ability
- Expertise in Business Process Management (BPM) methodologies, techniques, and methods, including process mapping/modeling
- Experience with one or more architectural frameworks such as Zachman, FEAF, TOGAF, or DoDAF
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with supporting US Air Force logistics business information system projects
- Experience with developing taxonomy, terms and definitions, and controlled vocabularies
- Experience with data modeling tools, including System Architect, ProVision, and Visio
- Knowledge of DoDAF DM2, and Support Engineering Plan (SEP)
- Knowledge of XML and data exchange standards
- Experience with developing data reference models along with conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Understand Architectural Framework (DoDAF) and all viewpoints, DoD and AF enterprise architecture policy, guidance, and reference models
Essential Job Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 9 years of experience in enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, development, and integration, or related activities, or 15+ years of broad/diverse background and experience in business process improvement/re-engineering, business process modeling, requirements analysis, reference architecture and/or enterprise architecture.
- Strong analytic and research capabilities
- Strong presentation development and delivery and relationship building skills at all levels, including working, managerial and executive.
- Working knowledge of a structured modeling technique(s) (e.g., BPMN, IDEF, UML, etc.)
- Application-level understanding of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Unicom System Architecture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Knowledge of Air Force Logistics systems
Skills would be a plus:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in DoD or Federal Government space
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience with ARIS Architect
- Strong analytical, presenting, and reporting skills
- Good documentation and process skills
- Prior experience as business analyst or business/systems architect a plus
- Expertise in writing technical documentation a plus
- Lift and carry laptop computer and peripherals, and program or regulatory documents (loose-leaf and/or bound)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Dayton, OH
Citizenship: United States
Security Clearance: Secret
Percent of Travel Required: Possible travel up to 10%
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All work will be performed in an office environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that much be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Entegrity Consulting Group, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org